Who We Are
The Women’s Fund of Omaha is a nonprofit
organization dedicated to improving the lives of Omaha-area women and girls.
a trusted voice in the community, we identify critical issues,
fund innovative solutions and influence dynamic change. Since our beginning
in 1990, the Women’s Fund has supported local agencies with nearly $1.5 million
in grants for programs that address the most pressing issues as identified by our research, and we have established our own programs to meet unaddressed
examines and defines issues such as economic conditions, challenges facing girls, domestic violence and the status of women’s leadership in Omaha. The unbiased findings are
then presented to the community, along with resources necessary to facilitate positive change.
A respected expert. An effective voice. An empowering resource.
- Women’s Fund research provided the catalyst for local officials to secure nearly $5 million in grants for after school programs.
- When STDs were declared an epidemic in Omaha, we raised and invested $500,000 in a multi-year campaign to educate vulnerable youth and launched an educational website, www.stdomaha.com.
- In response to urgent community need, we created the Domestic Violence Coordinating Council and helped start the Latina Resource Center.
- Hundreds of women have been trained for leadership roles as a result of our workshops.
- We make the connections and provide the funding to improve the lives of Omaha’s women and girls.
We invite you to join our community of women for change. Donate
to the fund for Omaha women today!